Current volunteering roles:
- Volunteer Support Worker
To provide confidential client centred counselling to male and female survivors of rape and sexual abuse.
To develop and promote a positive relationship with the client that you are matched with.
- Have good listening and communication skills
- Be non-judgmental in approach and trained in person centred therapy
- To manage appropriate professional boundaries in the relationship
- To be consistent and dependable
- Maintain confidentiality and other policies and procedures
- Work in conjunction with the Volunteer Support Services Coordinator to provide a quality service.
- Maintain records for monitoring, evaluation and tracking purposes plus
- service evaluation
- Participate in regular support and supervision meetings
- Be part of any relevant staff team training days
- To take responsibility for own professional training and development
- To keep up to date with development in the field of counselling
- Volunteer Group Worker
To work with groups of survivors aged 13 years an over to explore issues and build confidence and esteem, contributing to programme activities which are fun, safe, social and educational.
- To assist in the running of the youth programme which has up to 35 young people and 3 staff?
- To communicate with the Support Services Co-ordinator and other volunteers about group based programme activities
- To ensure general health & safety and rules of conduct
- To build a rapport with participants and listen to their concerns
- To facilitate and participate in group activities and discussions with participants
- To assist with necessary programme set-up and clean-up
- To undertake required record keeping procedures including reporting verbally to supervisor and completing any relevant programme forms
- Volunteer Outreach Worker
The overall aim of this post is to develop local strategic approaches to sexual violence prevention, delivering interventions to young people and others around healthy sexual relationships, rape and abuse.
- To represent RAS at events, helping to run information stalls, deliver presentations
- To work with and develop partnerships with organisations
- To work with young people in youth club settings and schools using Rape Crisis Scotland (RCS) resources to deliver sessions about relationships, rape, abuse and consent
- To contribute to the outreach work of RAS
- To undertake supervision and support
- To feed into the RAS outreach strategy
- To complete forms and administration in relation to the outreach work
- Volunteer Gardener
To help look after the new NEXEN garden at RAS.
- Helping out with the general upkeep of the garden by supporting the garden
- Tidying up, dead-heading, weeding and caring for borders
- Looking after trees, shrubs and plants
- Grass cutting
- Looking after garden machinery and equipment
You can download an application form here: Volunteer Application Form